Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Weekend War...


Anyone reading is welcomed (and encouraged) to send me their weekly weight so we can track together and motivate each other to lose weight. "Alex - Projected" would be my weight loss of 40 pounds by my birthday on 6/12/11, at a steady 1.9 pounds per week. "Alex - Actual" is my actual weight loss. I can also post your weight anonymously if you prefere, such as my good friends "Benny Platinum", whose true identity will remain a secret! Alo, you may have noticed that "Judy" doesn't actually weight 0 pounds. She's opted to only send her weight changes, so we'll track from a starting point of zero pounds. You're all welcome to pursue this option as well if you don't want to give your actual weight. We'll make a nice colored line on the graph for you too!




The Weekend War...


Every weekend, I go to war with my diet. The thought process usually goes something like this: Wow Alex, you lost 2 pounds this week, good job! You must totally have this weight loss thing under control, since you lost weight this week. Well as long as it's under control, I can have some cookies and not count the points, or maybe a couple scoops of ice cream, or maybe I can eat...

SNACKADIUM!!!!!!!!

The Raw Ingredients

Construction Begins - Yes that's a floorplan you see in the corner

SNACKADIUM!!!!!!!! (A Kelty Production)

20 People, 3 Hours, Destroyed!
Because instead of some extra snacks here and there, I clearly have the control to put the following in front of me and not eat IT ALL (ssaaaarrrrrccasm):

Rice Crispy Treats, Vanilla Frosting, Sprinkles, Guacamole, Hummus, Slasa, Sour Cream, String Cheese, Chocolate Chip Cookies, BBQ Chips, Black & White Cookies, Chitos, Peanut Butter M&Ms, Beef Jerky, Gummy Bears, Pickles, Homemade Chili and Biscuits.

We clearly know what I was paying attention to during the Super Bowl, and it wasn't the game.

Another good explanation of my thought process the week after I've lost weight goes something like this:


So basically, losing weight is great, but I seem to do this flip flop from week to week where I feel great about losing weight, so I let myself eat more, which causes me to gain the weight back, which makes me feel crappy, and motivates me to lose weight, then I feel great about losing weight, so I let myself eat more... (This is the song that never ends...) You get the picture. And every week, my "Actual" weight seems to drift further from my "Projected" weight, and what I'm starting to realize is that every week that goes by, it's going to be harder to make up that difference.

So what am I going to do?
  • TRACK MY POINTS!!! I'm blaming Snackadium for this, because once I eat as much junk food as I did in one sitting, it kind of feels pointless to track points for the week, considering I'm sooo far over my weekly points. So a gentle reminder to myself that even if I have one absurd day of eating, I should track my points on all other days and make sure I limit the damage to a day, not a week, of absurd eating.
  • BUY GROCERIES!!! I didn't order FreshDirect this week (for anyone not in NYC check out FreshDirect.com, and be very jealous), which means all my meals were takeout. Aside from this being expensive, it's also very difficult to have a healthy takeout meal. A lot of this has to do with portion control, as takeout meals are HUGE compared to what I actually need to eat to feel full. It's much easier to pull a pound of tuna salad out of my office fridge, but some in a bowl and feel full. So moral of the story, order groceries every weekend so I have food for that week.
It's already Wednesday (sry for the delayed post!) and I can already tell this week is going to be a gainer, not a loser. My goal for the next two days is to gain as little as possible!

1 comment:

  1. Healthiest fast food breakfasts: http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/02/18/fast.food.breakfast.health/index.html?hpt=Sbin

    ReplyDelete